Gluten and grain free linseed buns
Time: 75 mins
- linseeds, either brown or golden, ground 150 gr
- bicarbonate of soda 1 teaspoon
- eggs 3 piece/s
- maple syrup 1/2 tablespoon
- sea salt 1/2 teaspoon
- black pepper 1/8 teaspoon
- lemon juice 2 tablespoon
- coconut oil 3 tablespoon
- dried herbs of your choice 1 tablespoon
- sesame seeds, for sprinkling 1 tablespoon
- Preheat the oven to fan 180ºC/350ºF/Gas Mark 6 and line a baking tray with baking parchment.
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a bowl using a fork. Beat in the remaining ingredients (except the sesame seeds) and leave the batter to rest for 5 minutes to thicken up. If using whole flaxseeds, mix with just the water and beaten egg first then allow to stand and thicken for 30 minutes before mixing with the rest of the ingredients.
- Take 4-5 tablespoons of batter and shape into a bun with your hands. Place on the prepared baking and use wet hands to shape/smooth the top and to press down lightly so that the bun is 5mm-1cm thick. Repeat with the rest of the batter, sprinkling the tops with sesame seeds (if using) and gently pressing them in.
- Bake in the oven for 20-22 minutes until the buns spring back to touch.
- Remove from the oven, transfer to a wire rack to cool completely, then slice in half and fill.